Dress up your home with the vintage-inspired macrame wall hanging! This version is simpler than traditional patterns and doesn’t require any special tools. All you need is your favorite yarn and a few common craft supplies!
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 8 and up
Things to do:
1. Begin wrapping yarn around an 11″ book 20 times. Cut along one end, creating 22″ pieces. Repeat this step seven times.
2. Fold a single strand of yarn in half and lay it under your stick. Pull the two ends over the stick and through the loop, securing it to the branch. Tie the bottom strands together, as low as possible.
3. Slide beads onto the yarn.
4. Pull 20 strands of yarn through the loop below the beads.
5. Tie yarn around the yarn bundle about 1″ below the beads and tuck in the ends so they blend into the tassel.
6. Trim ends evenly if needed.
7. Repeat steps 2-6 until all tassels are attached to your stick.
8. Use yarn to loop over both ends of the stick for hanging.