Give your loved ones a lasting reminder of what they mean to you this Valentine’s Day. This festive art is easy to make (even for the non-artists!) and is a lovely reflection of the way you feel.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. Measure down 1″ and mark the canvas. Continue to mark the canvas every 1 1/2 “.
2. Cover the marks with tape.
3. Paint the canvas with black paint, covering the tape.
4. When the paint has dried, pull the tape back to reveal the stripes.
5. Write ‘Me + You’ in pencil and cover the letters with red marker. If you want to make the letters a little fancier, you can add paint dots with the end of a paintbrush.
6. Cut out a heart shape from a 6″ square of felt.
7. Arrange the buttons on the felt heart and use glue to attach them.
8. Glue the button heart onto the canvas.