Brighten up your home this holiday season with this “Merry & Bright” banner. This felt decoration adds a fun, mid-century modern vibe to your Christmas decor. Display it over your fireplace or near your front door and spread holiday cheer.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 13 and up
Things to do:
1. Fold your felt sheets in half and secure them with a straight pin. Trace your letters onto the felt, using your 4-inch stencils. Trace them backwards, so the ink outline does not show on the front.
2. Leave the felt folded in half and sew along the letter outline. Leave the end of the letter open, so you can stuff it with fiber fill.
3. Trim around the outline of the letter.
4. Use a dowel to stuff the letters with fiber fill.
5. Sew the opening closed.
6. Cut a 2 1/4 inch piece of silver rick rack and use hot glue to secure it to the top of your letter. This will be your hanger.
7. String the letters onto your two-strand silver garland, leaving even spacing between each letter.