Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 20 minutes, plus time for paint to dry
Age range: 8 and up
Things you’ll need:
Paintbrush and small foam brush
Silver Metal Screw Eyes
Pencil (preferably with a flat, relatively new eraser)
White Acrylic Paint
Harvest Orange Acrylic Paint
Black Acrylic Paint
Things to do:
1. Using the white acrylic paint and paintbrush, paint the entire surface of the ornament. We filled in the middle with a larger foam brush, then used a small paintbrush to outline the face. Allow the paint to dry.
2. Using a pencil, draw the fox face, bringing it to a point on the edge for the nose. You don’t need to be a professional artist to do this!
3. Using the orange acrylic paint, paint the area of the face that you just outlined. Again, we suggest using a small paintbrush to fill in the outline and using a larger brush to fill in the center. Allow the paint to dry.
4. Dip the top of a pencil eraser in the black paint, covering the entire surface of the eraser.
5. Dab the eraser onto the center point of the fox face to paint the nose.
6. Repeat steps 4-5 to make the eyes of the fox.
7. If you’d like, use a small paintbrush to neaten or reshape the eyes and nose.
8. Use your pencil eraser to lightly erase your pencil marks.
9. Screw the metal screw eye into the center top of the wood slice.
10. Cut an 8″ length of twine, then thread it through the screw eye to use it as an ornament hanger.