This festive wreath-alternative looks lovely displayed on your front door or inside as a part of a gallery wall.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 12 and up
Things you’ll need:
Wood J and Y letters
8-inch pine wreath
Red berry sprays
Crystal fine glitter
2 1/2 -inch Ribbon
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Things to do:
- Sand the edges of your wood letters and paint them white.
- Use hot glue to attach the berries to your wreath and clip a bird in the center of the wreath.
- Add a wire hanger to the back of the wreath.
- Apply a thin layer of mod podge to the letters and sprinkle on the crystal fine glitter. Let it dry completely.
- Cut a 4 foot piece of ribbon.
- Lay the letters and wreath on the ribbon, spelling the word “Joy.”
- Poke a paper clip through the ribbon to make a hook for the wreath. Place a piece of tape over the back to reinforce it and hang the wreath.
- Hot glue the letters in place.