Entertain the kiddos this Thanksgiving with this adorable little turkey crayon holder. These little turkeys make a perfect gift, combined with a coloring book, to keep the little ones busy while the feast is being prepared.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 2 hours
Age range: 8+
Things to do:
1. Using your printed template, cut the turkey pieces from felt.
2. Glue the turkey’s body to the smaller set of feathers.
3. Glue the eyes and the “snood” to the face.
4. Glue the beak to the face, slightly overlapping the snood.
5. Using a pen and a ruler, mark the center of the bottom edge of the large feather piece. Draw a line up from the center, almost connecting with the “v” shape between the feathers. Stop about 3/4 of an inch from the end so that your lines will be covered by the smaller feathers.
6. Apply a line of hot glue over each of your pen lines. (Note: Do not apply the glue too thick or you will not be able to slide the crayons all the way in. You just want enough glue to hold the two layers of felt together.)
7. Align the bottom edges and press the smaller feather/turkey body piece over the top, pressing firmly.
8. Slide crayons in each of the feather spots and enjoy!