My son is starting to learn to tell time. His bedroom is a nautical theme, so I knew he just needed a nautical ombre themed clock. Here is how you may easily make your own!
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 1 hour of crafting plus paint drying
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Choose the darker color of tan from your Coastline Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint set. Then, paint a small section at the bottom of the clock.
2. Choose the lighter color of tan from your Coastline Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint set. Before using this color, I like to mix a little of the darker color and the lighter color together. I then paint a small portion above the dark color. Then I paint with only the lighter color. I do not rinse my brush during this process, nor do I allow the colors to dry before starting the next color. I find this helps blends the colors.
3. You may add small brush strokes of each color throughout the other colors. Then allow the tan to completely dry.
4. Choose your blue colors. I used colors from both the Coastline and Ocean Dreams Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint sets. I like to squirt some of each of color on your paint tray from lightest to darkest to ensure I like the colors flow.
5. Once the tan paint has completely dried, paint on the lightest blue color in a small section lining up with the tan.
6. Repeat the same process as the tan. Mix a little of your next color with your previous color and paint a small section with your mixed colors. Then, paint on you darker color.
The ombre design will look as if you are using more colors than you will actually use.
7. Repeat process with all the blue colors until you have reached your darkest color.
8. Allow all the paint to dry completely.
9. Install the Clock Maker Medium Stem Kit by following the simple and thorough instructions. Voila you have made a charming Nautical Ombre Clock in no time at all!