Who knew Easter candy could be so cute! These spring chicks are a fun alternative to an Easter basket. Tuck a few more pieces of candy inside the egg and watch your kiddos face light up when you hand them this sweet treat!
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 20 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. Create a pattern for your egg shell. The oval should be roughly 5-1/2 inches across and 7-1/2 inches tall. Trace the pattern onto felt and cut out two oval shapes.
2. Cut one of the ovals in half with a zigzag edge.
3. Use a needle and bakers twine to stitch the felt pieces together, creating a little pouch. Tie the ends of the bakers twine in a bow.
4. Fill the pouch with yellow feathers.
5. Embellish the front of the pouch with felt stickers.
6. Add a bird face to your suckers. Stick on a pair of google eyes and cut a beak out of orange foam and use glue to hold it in place.
7. Slide your sucker chicks down into the pouch.