Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 30 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. Place your circle template on the felt and use the tracing tool to trace 7 circles. We used the bottom of a measuring cup for our circle template, but you can use any household item you already have.
2. Using scissors, cut out all 7 circles.
3. Set one circle aside for later. Grab another circle and fold it in half. (It should look kind of like a taco!)
4. Add a dot of hot glue to one side of the folded circle.
5. Fold the circle in half again, pressing the glue for a few seconds to allow it to dry. Repeat steps 3-5 with 5 more circles. You should have a total of 6 folded circles and one flat circle.
6. Place the flat circle that you set aside earlier flat on the table.
7. Grab one of the folded circles. Hot glue the circle to the upper corner of the flat circle with the open side of the fold facing out. The folded corner should be in the center of the flat circle.
8. Glue a second folded circle right next to the first circle, again with the folded part of the circle facing out.
9. Glue a third circle to the bottom corner of the flat circle with the folded part of the circle facing out.
10. Glue a fourth and final circle in the last open spot of the flat circle.
11. You should have 2 folded circles left. Using scissors, trim the pointed corner of each folded felt just a bit.
12. Add a line of hot glue where you just trimmed the pointed end.
13. Glue one trimmed folded piece of felt on top of the other folds with the trimmed end in the center. This folded piece of felt should be centered between the bottom two folded pieces of felt. Hold the felt in place for a few seconds to make sure it’s dry and secure.
14. Glue the second trimmed folded piece of felt just above, this time centered between the top two folded pieces of felt. Hold the felt in place for a few seconds to make sure it’s dry and secure.
15. Add hot glue to the alligator clip, then glue the felt circle to the clip.