This adorable garland is the perfect spring or summer birthday party decoration! The bright colors and playful bumble bees add a whimsical touch to your decor.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. First, create a pattern for your bee wings. It should be an “8” shape that measures roughly 1 1/2 ” wide and 3 1/2 ” tall.
2. Use a 2 1/2 ” pompom maker to make a black pompom.
3. Make a yellow and black pompom, alternating the colors of yarn used to create stripes.
4. Trim the pompoms into even circles and make the black pompom slightly smaller than the striped pompom.
5. Use hot glue to attach the pompoms together.
6. Add google eyes to the black pompom.
7. Cut 3 inches of pipe cleaner and fold it in half. Bend the tips over to create antennas. Attach the antennas to the bees head using hot glue.
8. Trace your wing pattern onto a piece of white felt and cut out the shape. Use hot glue to secure them to the back of the bee.
9. Cut a long piece of twine for the length of your garland and attach the bee with hot glue.
10. Measure 8″ from the bee and attach a daisy felt sticker with a clothespin.
11. Alternate bees and daisies until the length of garland has been filled.