Wine corks can make fabulously festive holiday decorations. Here is how to make a your own Wine Cork Snowflake Ornament:
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 1 hour plus drying time.
Age range: Adults
Things to do:
1. Heat up glue gun.
2. Arrange corks in snowflake pattern of choice.
3. Starting with the center of the snowflake, place a line of glue down the side of one wine cork. Then press and hold the wine corks together for a few moments until the glue dries.
4. Continue glueing the wine corks together into a round shape.
5. Glue two wine corks to the top of the circle of wine corks.
6. Glue two wine corks to the bottom of the circle of wine corks.
7. Add two wine corks to each of the sides of the wine cork circle with hot glue.
8. Brush Mod Podge onto the top of each wine cork.
9. Over a paper lined container, generously pour on some ocean blue extra fine glitter, covering the Mod Podge completely. Allow to dry. Some colors may need additional coats of Mod Podge and glitter.
10. Fold the paper in half and pour the glitter back into the container.
11. For my second wine cork snowflake, I placed one wine cork in the middle and then glued 6 wine corks around the center cork.
12. Then glued two one corks to each of the corks around the center cork. Repeat steps 8-10 with additional wine cork snowflakes.
13. Using hot glue, glue a small piece of natural jute twine to the the back of the snowflake. Allow to dry to completely dry before hanging.