A great gift to give with a book, and can be easily personalized.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 30+ minutes, depending on detail
Things to do:
1. Begin by cutting your pattern out of paper. I started with a 3″ square-make sure you have 90° angles! Fold the square corner to corner and draw a heart pattern, making sure to leave 2″ at the lower point untouched. With paper still folded, cut out the heart shape.
2. Place the paper pattern on the felt, either tracing the outline on to it or pinning the pattern on to cut it out. Cut two separate hearts.
3. If you want to decorate, do it now! I made a flower on mine, but any design could be easily done-initials, flowers, patterns, etc.
4. Pin together the two hearts and mark 2″ on each side from the bottom point. This is where you will sew. Do not sew around the top of the heart- you would not be able to slip your page into the bookmark.
5. Using embroidery floss, sew the hearts together between the pins. Hide the knot between the hearts, so it cannot be seen. You can use a simple back and forth stitch, or a blanket stitch if you have more sewing experience.