Lighting the way to your door on a dark Halloween night doesn’t have to be just a pumpkin affair. These little punched lanterns make use of the cans in your recycling and can be made to suit whatever shape you like. Use your Halloween cookie cutters to trace pumpkins, bats and black cats for your lanterns or draw your templates by hand.
Things you need:
Clean tin cans
Things to do:
1. Make sure the edges from your cans aren’t sharp. Many can openers these days take the tops off while leaving a smooth safe edge.
2. Trace your shapes onto paper and tape them onto the can to guide your holes.
3. Insert the cans into a vice or clamp to hold them still while you work.
4. Using the hammer and nail, punch holes along your template lines about every 1/4″ – 1/2″.
5. Remove the paper and tape from the cans and pop in a battery operated tealight candles.