While I’m a serious book lover and a part of me cringes at the thought messing with a book in any way, I do love using altered books around my house and this folded book hedgehog is my current favorite. Easy enough for kids to do, it’s a great way to give unread or unwanted books a second life and makes such a cute character for your home. Thinner books are easier for kids to finish before they poop out but thicker books can make a fun dense critter.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 30 minutes
Things to do:
1. Remove the front and back cover from the book.
2. Starting on the first page, fold the page in half inward.
3. Fold the corners of each page inward.
4. Repeat these folds on each page, but after the first page, make the folds toward the front cover, this holds the first folds in and keeps them from unfolding.
5. Once all the pages are folded, add eyes and cut a small circle of construction paper to glue on the end for a nose.