Cake plates are an excellent way to dress up any party, dessert table, or even your home decor. Cake plates aren’t just for dessert anymore, you can display the on your mantel, as a centerpiece on your dining room table, or even by your sink to hold soaps or jewelry. This simple tutorial shows you an easy and fun way to decorate your cake plates with fuzzy and colorful pom poms for spring.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 10 minutes
Age range: 7 and up (adult supervision suggested with the hot glue gun)
Things to do:
1. Measure the diameter of your cake plate. Measure and cut a piece of ribbon to fit around the outside of your cake plate.
2. Attach the piece of ribbon to your work space with a small piece of tape on either end of your ribbon. This will keep your ribbon from moving while you work.
3. Using a rule or measuring tape, measure and mark (with a pencil) every 2 inches on your ribbon.
4. Choose which pom poms you would like to use and line them up with your pencil markings. Next, attach each pom pom with hot glue. Press until secure. Remove any excess hot glue strings.
5. Attach your pom pom ribbon to the cake plate by securing ribbon ends with tape.
6. Add cupcakes (or whatever you are displaying) and serve!