Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 15 minutes active time, plus 90 minutes total drying time
Age range: 12+
Things to do:
1. Apply two coats of Plum Kiss paint to the edges of the canvas, allowing the paint to dry for about 15 minutes after each coat.
2. Using scissors or a self-healing mat and craft knife, cut patterned cardstock to the same size as the canvas.
3. With a large paintbrush and Mod Podge, cover the entire surface of the canvas with a coat of Mod Podge. Be sure to cover the corners and edges, too. This will help the cardstock stick to the canvas.
4. Place your cut cardstock over the Mod Podge layer immediately. Smooth down the corners and edges to avoid any wrinkles.
5. Use a paper towel to wipe away any excess Mod Podge from the edges of the canvas.
6. Apply two more coats of Mod Podge over the cardstock, allowing 20 minutes of drying time after each coat.
7. Apply a layer of Mod Podge in the center of the cardstock.
8. Place the doily over the Mod Podge layer, then use your fingers to smooth out the doily. Allow another 20 minutes for the Mod Podge to dry.