Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 15 minutes
Age range: 10 and up
Things to do:
1. Grab one butterfly and slide the wire through the first two teeth of the hair comb.
2. Holding the end of the wire, wrap the wire between the first two teeth 2 or 3 times.
3. Bring the wire to the front then to the left, crossing it over to stabilize the butterfly.
4. Wrap the wire around the back then to the front again. Wrap it 2 or 3 more times between the hair comb teeth. Tip: If your wire keeps sliding off the edge of the comb, you can wrap the wire between the 2nd and 3rd teeth of the comb the last couple of wraps to secure it.
5. Flip the comb to the back, then use wire cutters to trim the wire as close to the comb as possible.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 across the hair comb, adding as few or as many butterflies as you’d like. We used two pink butterflies and two blue butterflies, placing them between the 5th and 6th teeth, the 9th and 10th teeth, and the last two teeth. Tip: Stagger the butterflies so that some are taller than others. This way, more of the butterflies will be visible.