Dress up your table with these blooming beauties. This is a great way to give guests a sweet treat after dinner and decorate your space for a special event.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
- First, make a pattern for your tissue paper flowers. Set your compass to 2 1/2 inches and make a quarter circle. Free hand petals around the edge of the circle. When your pattern is complete, cut it out.
- Cut 5-inch squares out of tissue paper. You need 8 layers for the petals and 1 green layer for the leaves.
- Stack your 9 pieces of tissue paper and fold them into quarters.
- Trace the pattern onto the tissue paper stack and cut out the shape.
- When you’ve finished cutting out the pattern, open up the tissue paper squares and stagger the layers.
- Place your candy in the center of the tissue paper and pull the edges up around it. Wrap string around the top of the candy and tie it to secure the flower.