Need a bright and cheery decoration for a party? This pom pom garland is great because you can customize the colors to match the theme of your party or the colors of your decor. Garlands are a versatile decoration- they can be laid across a mantle, wrapped around a tree, strung across a doorway, hung from a chandelier, and more.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 30 minutes
Age range: 10 +
Things you’ll do:
1. Pick out the pom poms you want to use. Then figure out a pattern that you like by lining a few pom poms up in a line.
2. Thread the elastic cord through a needle. You will need a needle with a larger eye in order to be able to do this, so be sure to get one that has an eye large enough for the diameter of your cord.
3. Push the needle through the middle of a pom and pull it along to the end of your cord. The very center of the poms can be a little stiff and difficult to push the needle through. If it is too difficult then push the needle through the pom pom just slightly off of center.
4. Continue stringing the pom poms until you have the length of garland that you would like. Lining up the pom poms in your chosen pattern ahead of time makes the stringing go much faster.
5. To finish the pom pom garland off make a loop on each end with the elastic cord and tie a knot. This way you can use the loop at each end to hang the garland if you want.