Fly your red, white and blue banner this Fourth of July! This patriotic banner is the perfect picnic decor, creating a festive space for your festivities.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
- First, paint your wood stars blue with acrylic paint.
- Cut your burlap into 8.5″ x 6″ rectangles.
- Fold the rectangle in half and mark up 1″ from the bottom of the rectangle. With the burlap folded, cut from the mark to the corner so you have a “V” shape.
- Fold the top of the burlap down 1″ and hot glue the edge, creating a pocket to hang the burlap flag from.
- Paint the burlap flags red.
- Use your pouncer to add white polka dots to the burlap flags.
- Hot glue the blue, wood stars to every other flag on the banner.
- Tie a piece of jute to a large safety pin and feed it through the flags. If you’re having trouble feeding the jute through, use a dowel or paint brush handle to push it gently through the burlap pocket.