This red, white and blue wreath is perfect for summer! Hang it on your front door or inside to celebrate freedom!
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age Range: 12 and up
Things to do:
- Tie ribbon around the Styrofoam wreath, varying colors and patterns until the entire surface is covered. There should be approximately 4 inches of ribbon beyond the wreath form.
- Trim ribbon ends in a “V” shape.
- Adjust the ribbon pieces until the wreath lays flat and even.
- Tie a ribbon loop on the wreath to use as a hanger.
- Cut small triangles out of red, white and blue cardstock. The triangles should measure approximately 1.5″ long x 1″ wide.
- Use chalk markers to write on the paper flags.
- Use hot glue to attach the paper flags to a piece of baker’s twine.
- Insert straight pins on both sides of the wreath, leaving 1/2 ” of the pin sticking out.
- Wrap the twine around the pins until the banner hangs evenly. Push in the pins to secure.