Light up your summer table with these adorable, pineapple luminaries! These lamps are the perfect seasonal centerpiece, taking your picnic or party to the next level.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
- Paint your mason jar with yellow acrylic paint. Let the surface dry entirely before applying a second coat.
- Paint your mason jar lid green.
- Add black “v”s around the jar, using your paint pen.
- Cut 1 1/2 ” wide strips of felt.
- Trim the tops of the strips to look like leaves. All of your strips should be different lengths.
- Glue two strips together to make them stiffer so that they can stand on their own.
- Cut slits at the bottom ends of your felt strips to create little footings.
- Fold the felt strips in half and spread out the slits to glue it to the lid of your jar. Add all of the leaves in a round bunch.
- Add a tea light to the luminary.