Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 15 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
- Prep the succulents for the wreath. If the succulent has a thick stem that is heavy or inflexible, you can pull the stem from the bottom of the succulent.
- Using wire cutters, snip small stems of succulents.
- Add a thick line of hot glue to the lower left corner of the embroidery hoop. The line should be the same width as about two wood slices.
- Place the two wood slices side by side on the embroidery hoop, pressing them into the hot glue to secure them.
- Begin hot gluing succulents around the wood slices. You can place the succulents on the sides and between the wood slices. Don’t worry about stems sticking out; you can hide those later.
- Hot glue succulents on the wood slices, again not worrying about visible stems.
- Pull small clumps of reindeer moss from the bag. Hot glue the moss onto and around the wood slices, using the moss to hide the stem ends. You can also pull lightly on the reindeer moss to spread it out a little.