Dress up your nursery or playroom for spring with this butterfly mobile. Customize the butterfly and ribbon colors to match your interior – Kids will love the way the butterfly wings flutter in the breeze!
As always, please use common sense and caution. Never hang this mobile low enough for the baby to grasp, and be cautious of smaller pieces that can be choking items. Adjust in height as baby grows! It’s always good to be cautious.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 45 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. Make a mark on the embroidery hoop every 2 3/4 ” around the entire circumference. These marks will show you were to tie on the butterfly garland pieces.
2. Tie ribbon around the hoop, alternating colors. We’ve found it works best to cut the ribbon into 8″ pieces with a slanted cut.
3. Cut two pieces of ribbon measuring 24″ long. Be sure they’re exactly the same length, or your mobile will hang crooked.
4. Cut pieces of butterfly garland in various lengths and tie a piece at every mark on your hoop.
5. Use hot glue to secure the pieces in an “x” pattern across the hoop for hanging.