Spring has sprung! This whimsical decoration is a great way to brighten up your space and welcome the season.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 45 minutes
Age range: 8 and up
Things to do:
1. Trim florist blocks to fit tightly into the planter.
2. Trim your tree branch to a sharp point and insert it in the foam bocks.
3. Cover the foam with rocks for stability and use moss to cover the rocks for decoration.
4. Cut pieces of bakers twine into 5″ lengths. Tie a knot close to the end to make a loop for hanging. Glue the bakers twine to the top of an egg to create an ornament for the tree.
5. Peel the paper off the back of the birds and place a knotted bakers twine loop between two stickers. Press the stickers together to create an ornament.
6. Use hot glue to add pompoms to the branch. Try to vary the colors and placement for a cheery, whimsical look.
7. Hang your bird and egg ornaments around on the tree.