Succulents are super trendy in home decor right now. The beautiful combination of the rustic burlap and the fresh green of the succulents make this wreath the perfect addition to your front door.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 30 minutes
Age range: 12 +
Things you’ll do:
1. Use the hot glue gun to attach the end of the burlap ribbon to the back of the wreath form. You will want to have your hot glue gun on the low setting for this, as you should not use the high setting on styrofoam.
2. Wrap the ribbon around the wreath form. Each time you wrap it around the wreath form try to overlap about half of the width of the ribbon. The burlap ribbon is somewhat see-through and this helps ensure full coverage of the styrofoam wreath form.
3. Continue wrapping the ribbon around the wreath form until you are done. Try to keep it nice and tight as you go.
4. When you get back to the beginning of the circle pull out enough of the ribbon to wrap all the way around to the back. Then trim your ribbon. Fold the end under and glue it down on the back of your wreath form. This area will look a little different than the rest of the wreath form but it won’t matter because you are going to cover this area with the succulents.
5. Trim the stems off of the succulents. You want them to lay as flat as they possibly can so that you can glue them on securely. You may need wire cutters or very sharp scissors to do this.
6. Do a trial run of arranging your succulents on the wreath before gluing them on so you know just how you want to place them. Once you find an arrangement that you like glue them onto the wreath. Press down firmly on each succulent when you glue it into place, making it as secure as possible.