Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 45 minutes, including baking time
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. Break off a small piece of clay. Knead the clay to soften it.
2. Using the palm of your hand, roll the clay out into a slim tube. The thinner the tube, the smaller the earrings will be, so keep that in mind as you roll.
3. Roll until the tube is thin and even.
4. Tie a knot in the tube, carefully pulling the knot as tight as you can without stretching it or breaking it.
5. Using scissors or clay tools, cut the clay right at the end of the knot on both sides.
6. Repeat, tying a second knot and trimming it on the sides.
7. Bake the clay in the oven at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Allow the earrings to cool once you remove them from the oven.
8. Add a dab of E6000 glue to the back of the clay knots.
9. Immediately press the posts into the glue. Allow 24 hours for the glue to dry.