Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 30 minutes, plus time for drying
Age range: 8 and up
Things to do:
1. Fold the tissue paper so that you’ll be able to trace several layers at once.
2. Place the heart cookie cutter at the top of the layered tissue paper, then use a pencil to trace the heart.
3. Repeat step 2, tracing a total of three hearts onto the tissue.
4. Use scissors to cut out each heart, cutting through all the layers at the same time.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 with as many colors of tissue as you plan to use.
6. Peel apart the tissue hearts. Place one heart anywhere you’d like on the jar.
7. Hold the heart in place as you use a foam brush to apply Mod Podge to the heart.
8. Apply the Mod Podge until you have covered the entire surface of the heart.
9. Add a second heart anywhere you’d like on the jar. You can layer hearts on top of each other like we did, or you can place them in neat rows around the jar. It’s up to you! Tip: As you apply the hearts, be sure your foam brush is moist. If the brush is too dry, it may rip the heart as you brush it.
10. Continue to add hearts until you’ve covered the jar or until you’re happy with your design. Allow the hearts to dry for 24 hours, then add anything you’d like to the jar such as a candle or a bouquet of your favorite flowers.