Kids will love transforming colorful Popsicle sticks into easels to display their greatest works of art. This tutorial is very easy and fun to make! Popsicle stick easels can also be used to display place cards or food labels for art themed parties.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 5 minutes
Age range: 7 and up (adult supervision suggested for the hot glue gun)
Things to do:
1. Plug in hot glue gun and allow to heat up for several minutes. While you are waiting, place scrap paper or newspaper down on your work area to catch any hot glue drips.
2. Position 2 Popsicle sticks into a upside down V pattern, hot glue the top of Popsicle sticks together.
3. The third Popsicle stick will be used make your easel stand securely as a tripod base. Hot glue the third stick to the back of your V frame, centered in the middle, pointing out.
4. Use your fourth and last Popsicle stick to make the easel shelf to hold the art work. Hot glue the outer edge of the (do not glue it flat) Popsicle stick to each side of the V frame to now create an A frame.
5. Add small pieces of art and display your creativity!