Want to learn how to macrame? This is a great place to start! The Spiral Knot is an adaption to the Square Knot. It adds texture and variation to your macrame projects.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 10 minutes
Age range: 8 and up
Things you’ll need:
Things to do:
1. You’ll need two lengths of cord for this knot. Measure and cut two three-foot long pieces of macrame.
2. First, attach the two lengths of macrame to the dowel. Fold the macrame in half and lay the top of the loop under the dowel. Fold the ends up and through the top loop, securing the piece of macrame to the dowel.
3. Now you’re ready to knot! Spread your four ends of macrame out flat and fold the piece on the far left over the middle two and under the far right piece. It should make a “4” shape.
4. Take the far right piece and fold it under the middle two and up through the center of the “4”.
5. Pull both ends tight, creating your first part of the knot.
6. Repeat this step, starting with the piece of cord on the left every time. It will slowly start creating a spiral pattern.