This popsicle stick angel is the perfect craft to do with your child, though you’ll have to help with scoring and cutting one of the sticks. Leave the face plain, or decorate with an angelic expression.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 20 minutes
Age range: 8+ (children will need you to cut the small popsicle stick)
Things to do:
1. Warm up your hot glue gun and glue. Place two large popsicle sticks next to each other, and glue one on top, making sure there’s glue on both of the first-layer sticks to hold them in place.
2. Score the small popsicle stick at the half-way point with a knife, then bend back and forth carefully to snap it. You’ll need to score both sides so that the popsicle breaks neatly.
3. Cut a circle out of the foam sheet for the angel’s head.
4. Glue the head and two small sticks, for arms, onto the body you made in Step 1.
5. Snip off a piece of tinsel pipe cleaner and glue it to the top of the head.
6. With the rest of the tinsel pipe cleaner, create a loop and glue it to the back of the angel’s body.
7. Fold the book paper in half and cut out half of a wing shape. When you open it, you’ll have the full set of wings.
8. Glue the paper to the back of the angel.