Decorate your tree with a primitive touch, using rusty tin cutouts and a mason jar lid. The resulting mason lid primitive ornament is quaint and adds a comforting touch to your holiday tree.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 20 minutes
Age range: 10 +
Things to do:
1. Remove the inner part of the mason jar lid.
2. Paint the lid green and allow it to dry.
3. Cut a circle of burlap that’s about 1/2 inch larger than the inner part of the mason jar lid.
4. Drape the burlap over the lid center and pop into place. You may use some hot glue to secure it.
5. Glue the rusty tin cutouts on top of the burlap.
6. Wrap the lid with the hemp twine and glue in place. Make a loop with the end of the twine, and hang from your holiday tree!