When is a bow a frog? When you think about it a little differently! Add some google eyes to a basic zig-zag bow and suddenly you’ll have a cute ribbon frog to pin to your lapel. This one is created on a pin back, but you can also add it to a barrette if desired.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Warm up your hot glue gun. Cut a piece of the green ribbon to about 30″ long. Fold the right side over as shown, as the start of your zigzag bow.
2. Loop the long end back toward the right side.
3. Fold the long edge toward the back.
4. For the final time, loop it around to the right again.
5. Adjust the loops so the top to are pointing upwards as much as possible. Insert your needle and thread from the back, and start sewing a running stitch down the middle.
6. Your bow will look like this, once the running stitches are sewn.
7. Cinch the center and wrap the thread around a couple of times. Tie off in the back.
8. Cut a piece of the pink ribbon and glue in the middle, as shown. Next, glue the google eyes to the two top loops.
9. Glue the bow to the pin back or barrette.