This tissue paper pom pom is absolutely adorable and inexpensive, making it the perfect party decoration! Mix and match different colors of tissue paper and experiment with different cuts to create a collection of festive pom poms to adorn your party space.
Things to do:
1. Stack 10 sheets of tissue paper and align the corners. The neater the pile, the better the pom pom will look.
2. Accordion fold the stack of tissue paper sheets. Use a ruler to create crisp folds. The sharper your creases, the better.
3. Secure a pipe cleaner around the center of the folded tissue paper.
4. Cut a deep V shape into both ends of the folded tissue paper. You can experiment with different cuts to create different looks. Try jagged edges or small curves.
5. Once you’ve cut your ends, you’re ready to start unfolding the pom pom. Start at the center and gently pull the pieces apart. The tissue paper will stand straight up, creating a full and fluffy look. Continue separating the sheets of tissue paper until you’ve created a complete pom pom.
6. Add baker’s twine to the center pipe cleaner to create a hanger.