Crepe paper is such a classic party decoration. I remember having streamers at my childhood birthday parties and getting to pick out my favorite colors to use as decorations. This DIY is bringing streamers back in a super trendy way, leaving you with a beautiful garland for decorating your space. Use different colors and kinds of string to create the perfect look for your party.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 30 Minutes
Age range: 8 and Up
Things to do:
1. Start by cutting at 6-foot piece of crepe paper and folding it in half.
2. Thread a needle with embroidery floss and stitch along the bottom of your crepe paper. The stitches should be roughly 1/2 inch.
3. Once you’ve stitched the entire length of crepe paper, pull it onto the embroidery floss.
4. Trim the embroidery floss and tie a tight knot, creating a circular, flower shape.
5. Use a drop of hot glue to attach both ends of the crepe paper.
6. Open up the flower by press down the outer edges of the crepe paper.
7. Make several crepe paper flowers and use a yarn needle to thread them onto a length of jute.