Store your pencils and pens in style with this fun DIY. Try combining different color combinations and stitch patterns to create a completely customized pouch.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 20 Minutes
Age range: 8 and Up
Things to do:
1. Measure the perimeter of your mesh canvas sheet and trim your yarn accordingly.
2. Fold you mesh canvas sheet into thirds, creating a pouch and a flap.
3. Use your measured yarn to stitch up the sides, holding the pouch in place.
4. Continue stitching around the outside edge, creating a pattern.
5. When you’ve finished stitching up your pencil pouch, tie a knot at the end of your yarn to hold your work in place. Trim any excess.
6. Use yarn to attach a button to the front of the pouch.
7. Tie a 1-inch loop of yarn at the top of the flap to secure the top to the button.