These lovely handmade soaps are fast and easy to create, and make a beautiful addition to your vanity. Each handmade soap is designed to be single use, so they are perfect for the guest bath. Handmade soaps are the perfect “thank you” for that special person. You can also gather about 20 handmade soap petals and package them in an organza bag for a lovely small gift or wedding favor. These handmade soaps would also be perfect for a small Valentine’s Day gift!
Things you need: (Makes approx. 50 handmade soap petals)
1 bag – Faux Rose Petals
4 ounces – Soap Expressions Clear Glycerin Soap Base
Soap Expressions Scent (of your choice)
Microwave Safe Bowl
Rack for Drying
Things to do:
1. Cut the soap into 1″ chunks, and place in a microwave safe bowl
2. Microwave soap for 30 seconds, and stir. Continue heating until the soap is entirely liquid.
3. Stir in fragrance (about 1 tsp, adjust to your preferred scent level).
4. Dip the rose petals into the soap one at a time to coat.
5. Place on the rack to dry.
6. Once dry, you can put the petals in a decorative bowl, or package them in cello or organza bags to give as gifts or favors.
7. To use, wash your hands with a petal. Discard after using.
You can vary the scent and color of your finished handmade soap petals by using different base petals and scents. just be sure any product you use is skin safe.