Pretend you live in the day of the feather pen…without having to deal with the ink well. This feather pen is fun to use, fun to make – and fun to display! Super quick to make, you can whip one up in many different colors. Makes a great party favor, too…and perfect for offices when you don’t want someone to walk away with your pen!
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 15 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Select 3 feathers and warm up your hot glue gun. Glue one feather to the bottom edge of you pen, about 1-2″ down.
2. Repeat with the other two feathers.
3. Trim the bottom edge of the feathers where they’re glued onto the pen. This will make it easier to apply the ribbon onto the pen in the next steps.
4. Hot glue one end of the ribbon to the bottom of the pen, on top of the feathers. Keep the ribbon on the spool. Hold the ribbon with one hand and twist the pen to easily wrap the ribbon neatly.
5. Continue wrapping the pen with ribbon all the way down to the point, gluing every so often. Hot glue the end in place. Enjoy your fun new pen!