Hide all of your important treasures inside a beautiful and fun-to make decorated, paper mache box. Perfect for displaying and keeping favorite trinkets inside. You can decorate this box a variety of different ways to match your decor.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 2 hours
Age range: 8+
Things you’ll need:
Paper mache box
Newspaper or old book pages
Other embellishments like ribbons, buttons, etc.
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Things to do:
1. Draw a line where the lid meets the box. Don’t put any of the paper above the line, to ensure the lid will close properly.
2. Tear newspaper or book pages into small pieces so you’ll have lots of variety on your box. Dip your paintbrush into the Mod Podge and paint onto a section of the box.
3. Add a piece of paper on top of the Mod Podge.
4. Continue covering the box and lid with the paper.
5. Paint the entire box and lid with at least one coat of Mod Podge. Allow to dry for an hour after painting before embellishing.
6. This is what the box looks like once painted with Mod Podge.
7. Warm up your hot glue gun. Wrap the base of the box with the jute, hot gluing the ends down, and decorate the top of the box with your desired embellishments, hot glued in place.