I made these 3d ornaments as a child. They are reminiscent of the aluminum trees from the past.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 20-30 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things you’ll need:
6″ round aluminum pan
Old greeting card, picture, sheet music, wrapping paper, photo…
Embellishments (tiny trees, gift packages) and trim (tinsel, pearls)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Utility blade or Xacto knife
Things to do:
1. Start by poking hole in center of bottom of pan with knife or blade.
2. The pans I found were already marked in sixths. Using scissors, cut on lines from center to edge of pan.
3. Use pencil to roll each edge from center to edge.
4. Place pan on top of card or paper and trace around edge with pencil. Cut out, staple to pan around fluted edge.
5. Glue trim and embellishments as desired to inside of diorama and outside. Add hanger. Reminisce.