As we eat more during our time at home, you are sure to have an egg carton ready to go into the trash. Instead of pitching it, turn it into a beautiful mobile that is sure to brighten your home.
Things you’ll need:
Paint – I used watercolor, but anything will work
String – shoe laces, rope, ribbon, etc.
Stick, dowel rod, hanger… something to use for your hanging base
Things to do:
1. Start by cutting the lid and closure piece off the carton.
2. Cut out the individual egg holders. Trim any uneven pieces as needed.
3. Make a small slit on each holder, to give the flower effect, creating each petal.
4. Once all cut out and in their flower shape, paint. I used watercolors, but any paint you have will be fine. Just have fun with it.
5. Once dry poke a hole in the center of each flower.
6. Use your string, in my case, old shoe laces and knot the end. Put a flower on and then make another knot, so each flower has a placement on the string.
7. Once the string is full, tie to your base stick… in my case, an actual stick from a hike we took the other day.
8. Once all flowers are strung and on your stick, add another string to use as a hanger. Voila… a bright, cheerful piece!
– Daneen Doggett-Wolfe