The perfect accessory for the little super hero in your life, these cuffs are a quick afternoon project that will guarantee hours of fun time and imagination play. These would go perfectly with your superhero cape.
Things to do:
1. Fold the felt in half along the long side. Use the fold to cut the felt in half. Repeat with each piece so that you have four 3 1/2 inch by 8 inch strips.
2. From the contrasting colored felt, cut two stars about 2-inches tall.
3. Center a star in the middle of one of the strips and stitch in place using a very short stitch length. Repeat with the other star and another strip.
4. Wrap one of the strips around your child’s wrist and trim so that there is a one inch overlap. Trim all of the strips to the same length.
5. Cut the Velcro into two, two-inch strips. Stitch the soft side of the Velcro to one end of the felt pieces with the star. Sew the scratchy side to one end of each of the other two.
6. With the Velcro strips facing out and at opposite ends, layer a felt strip with a star and one without and sew around the outside edge with a 1/8 inch seam allowance.