This log slice chalkboard combines the elegance of rustic glamor decor and the practicality of a chalkboard to create the perfect wall hanging for your home.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 3 Hours
Age range: 12 and Up
Things to do:
1. The first step is attaching the picture hanger to the back of your log slice. Simply measure 1 inch from the top of the log slice and push the picture hanger in.
2. Next, we’re going to start painting the log slice. Start at the top corner and work your way downward and in. For the first coat, try to keep the paint about a 1/2 inch away from the outside boarder. Try to keep your strokes going in the same direction for a clean look.
3. Once the first coat of paint is dry, apply a second layer.
4. Use a small paintbrush to outline the outside edge of the chalkboard, creating a clean line.
5. Let the chalkboard paint dry completely. Once it is dry to the touch, cover the surface in chalk and whipe it clean. This cures the board, making it ready to use!