Looking for the perfect centerpiece for your Thanksgiving dinner? This thanksgiving tree celebrates the spirit of the season and serves as a reminder of all the things you have to be thankful for.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 8 and up
Things you’ll need:
Wooden leaf ornament
Acrylic paints (yellow, orange, red, and green)
Floral foam block
Large mason jar
Black chalk paint
White chalk pen
Stones, walnuts or acorns
Things to do:
- Paint the front and back of your wood leaves in a variety of fall colors. Let the paint dry completely.
- Paint black chalk paint on one side of the leaves, leaving a thin, colored edge.
- Wrap a piece of bark ribbon around the jar and secure it by tying a piece of brown ribbon around the center.
- Cut a piece of floral foam to fit inside your jar and place it inside.
- Slide the large branch into the center of the foam.
- Fill the jar with stones, walnuts or acorns.
- Hand your leaves from the branches and have a chalk pen nearby so guests can write what they’re thankful for on the leaves.