Whether you are looking for a rustic spin on Valentine’s Day, to create a rustic Christmas ornament, or an addition to your everyday rustic decor, these jute twine heart ornaments are a simple, inexpensive way to bulk up your rustic themed ornaments!
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 30+ minutes
Age range: 8+
Things to do:
1. Trace, and cut out your heart shape, on your cardboard piece.
2. Leaving your twine on the roll, attach the end of your twine to the back of your heart, using tape.
3. Wrap your twine around your cardboard piece. Do your best to keep the twine tight, and in place–you can use tape on the back, for positions that your twine doesn’t want to stay in place.
4. Wrap your twine around your heart until all of the cardboard areas are covered, and it is to the look/thickness you desire.
5. Once your heart is covered, and complete, cut the end of your twine, and attach the end of the twine to the back of your heart, using hot glue.
6. Cut a length of twine to create your hanger, attaching it to the back of your heart using hot glue.