Sometimes you just need a little bit of pretty in your life, or on your wall, or in your trees. I love buntings and banners for this purpose, they are fun to make and even more fun to have, adding instant pretty to your space. This simple banner uses light and airy lace ribbon paired with bright fabric to create a summery, breezy bunting perfect for parties or everyday.
Difficulty level: Moderate
Time required: 1 hour plus dry time
Things to do:
1. Iron your fabric well, pressing out any creases.
2. Spray the fabric front and back with Fabric Stiffener. You don’t need it soaking, just enough to make it damp.
3. Allow the fabric to dry, it will be stiff but not hard.
4. Using the ruler and scissors or a template and scissors, cut triangles out of the fabric. They can be true triangles, narrow triangles or scoop edged, whatever strikes your fancy!
5. With your sewing machine, slip the lace ribbon under the foot, leaving about 1 foot extra for tieing hanging out the back.
6. Slip the wide end of the first triangle under the ribbon about 1/3 of the way up and begin sewing.
7. Continue stitching along, adding a new triangle as needed, until you have used all your triangles. Allow for an additional foot of extra lace ribbon at the other end before cutting. Trim off excess thread and hang.