This beautiful banner adds the perfect festive touch to your party decor. String a length of jute with doilies and watch them transform your space.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 20 minutes
Age range: 8 and up
Things to do:
1. The first step is stiffening your doilies. Lay them out flat on a sheet of wax paper and use a foam brush to thoroughly cover them with fabric stiffener. Be sure to cover all of the edges evenly.
2. Once they have dried completely, pull them off of the wax paper, being careful not to bend them.
3. Cut a length of jute and tie a knot at the end, leaving a small loop.
4. String your doilies on to your jute.
5. Knot the other end, leaving a loop.
6. Hang your doily banner from the loops and enjoy!