One of my favorite things about summer is all the time we get to spend outside. After a long, wet, cold and sometimes snowy winter, we’re overjoyed to be out of doors as much as possible so I’m always on the hunt for backyard games and fun that we can play outside as a family. This tic-tac-toe game fits the bill perfectly. Easy enough that even the youngest in the crowd will enjoy it, tic-tac-toe is one of those rare games that people of all ages love, and this version is too cute to resist.
Difficultly level: Moderate
Time required: 20 minutes plus dry time
Things to do:
1. First wash and dry your stones to remove any dirt or debris. Once they are dry, divide them up into two piles.
2. Paint one pile of stones yellow and the other pile red. Allow the paint to dry.
3. Paint head and stripes on the yellow rocks to make bees and heads, dots and a line for the wings on the red rocks to create ladybugs.
4. Once the bugs are painted and dry, coat with a thin layer of polyurethane to protect them from the elements.
5. On the top of your stump, paint a Tic-Tack-Toe gameboard with the black paint. Allow the paint to dry and seal with polyurethane before playing.