Felt Chalk Roll
It’s summer, and in our house that means a lot of time spent outside at the park. And while my kids love the swings and slides as much as any other child, they are always game for some sidewalk art and often wish we’d brought some chalk along with us. Now we can with this handy little chalk roll. Similar to a crayon roll, this simple chalk pocket hold five sticks, just the right amount for an afternoon at the park!
Things to do:
1. Fold the sheet of felt up by a little more than a third.
2. Fold the ribbon in half and then tuck the folded end between the two layers of felt at one end, near the middle, pin in place.
3. Using more pins, mark off five pockets, evenly spaced, along the length of the felt.
4. Stitch in straight lines where each pin lies, from the top of the felt to the bottom, backstitching at the beginning and the end of each line.
5. Trim the threads and tuck the chalk into each pocket. Roll up and tie with a bow and you are ready to go!