Craft this small ribbon clip that can be interpreted as a butterfly or as a flower. It’s dainty enough for smaller girls, but older girls will enjoy wearing this embellishment as well. The center bead makes this ribbon clip extra special.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Warm up your hot glue gun. Thread your needle and knot one end. Trim the ribbon to fit the barrette and glue in place.
2. With the ribbon on the spool – don’t cut it yet – loop it into two loops as shown.
3. Make progressively larger loops on both side. You can make as many as you’d like – I’ve chosen a total of 4 per side.
4. Take a stitch up the center of the butterfly and clip the end when you’ve finished, to hold the embellishment in place.
5. Glue a bead to the center and then glue this onto the barrette.