Ah, candy corn. People either love it or hate it! But it’s a staple candy around the fall holidays. Why not decorate with this ombre-effect embroidery floss candy corn? Make a few of these and they’ll look great in a group.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Warm up your hot glue gun. Wrap the top of the cone with white embroidery floss as shown. Wrap carefully to avoid seeing the Styrofoam through the floss. You’ll only need to glue the beginning and ending of each layer if you wrap carefully.
2. Divide your yellows and oranges into progressively darker groups. Wrap with the lightest yellow first.
3. Wrap with a darker yellow.
4. Now switch to the lightest orange.
5. Wrap with a darker orange.
6. Finally, wrap with your darkest orange.
7. Follow steps 1-6 to make a few more for displaying around the house!