These adorable fur pets make great last minute gifts or a sweet companion for your desk. Sew one up in a few minutes but, be warned … you won’t want to stop at just one!
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 1 hour
Age range: 8+
Things to do:
1. Trace a simple shape on the back side of the fur and cut two, mirrored pieces of fur. I used the bottom of a bowl for the circle. The shapes do not need to be perfect. Just a rough outline works great.
2. Mark two spots for eyes and cut a small “x” in the spot you marked (for sticking the safety eye through). Keep the eyes at least a inch from any edges so the eyes don’t get in the way when sewing.
3. Insert the safety eyes into the holes.
4. Place the pieces of fur right sides together and sew all the way around the shape, leaving a 2 inch gap for stuffing.
5. Stuff the critter and sew the gap closed using a ladder stitch.