Consider us completely charmed by this little ladybug. Let literacy opportunities take flight. Where does ladybug live? How about we build her a home? Is it really a ladybug or someone dressed in a ladybug costume? Whether a child writes a story, acts it out or builds the world they see, this sweet doll invites endless imaginary tales and creative activities. Plus, it’s perfect for sneaking into a child’s school backpack or lunchbox as a fun way to let them know you’re thinking of them.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 1-2 hours
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Paint the body of the peg doll black. Apply 2-3 coats of paint for a deeper color. Allow to dry completely.
2. Optional: spray the peg doll with acrylic sealer to coat.
3. Using the template, cut one wing piece from red felt and two circles from black felt.
4. Glue the black circles on to one wing piece.
5. Apply a dab of hot glue on the front flap of the wings and wrap the wing piece around the dolls neck, before pressing the two front flaps together.