Bag luminaries are a treat for the eyes during any holiday, but during Halloween they’re particularly delightful. This adorable glitter pumpkin luminary bag is a great combination of fun and beauty – light from the inside, and sparkle on the outside. Make several of these to line a path to the treats!
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 30 minutes
Age range: 8+
Things to do:
1. Cut your card stock to the width of the bag. Fold it in half. Draw half a pumpkin on the card stock.
2. Cut out the pumpkin.
3. Trace it onto the bag and draw in an eyes and mouth, or whatever you’d like to put on your jack o’ lantern.
4. You can cut out the eyes and mouth now or later, depending on your preference. Add glue to the pumpkin, but avoid the eyes and mouth.
5. Spread it neatly with your finger.
6. Sprinkle glitter over the entire pumpkin.
7. Once dry, knock off any additional glitter to reveal the design.
8. If you didn’t cut out the features previously, cut them out now. Add the tea light to the bag..and watch the light add beauty to Halloween night!