Pamper Yourself with Cupcake Bath Bombs
When it comes to indulgences, it’s hard to top decadent cupcakes and long, hot soaks in the tub. With this fun and creative craft, you’ll get the best of both worlds—since you won’t actually be eating the cupcakes, you can indulge to your heart’s delight.
Bath Bomb Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid (from a health food store)
1 tablespoon oil of your choice (rice bran, almond, grapeseed, or olive oil will do fine)
5 drops of fragrance or essential oil
1 tablespoon water
1. Mix the baking soda and citric acid together to form a smooth powder, and then blend in the oils until the mixture is the consistency of wet sand. Drizzle in the distilled water, covering the water with the mixture as you pour. Be careful not to pour in too much water at once, or your mixture will start to fizz. Continue adding and mixing in water until the mixture feels like crumbly pie dough.
2. Working quickly, press the mixture into a cupcake pan or into silicone cupcake liners. Be sure to use pressure and pack the cups until they’re nice and tight.
3. Let bath bombs set up for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan or peel off the silicone liners. Now, we’re ready to frost!
Bath Bomb Frosting Ingredients:
2 1/2 tablespoons dry egg whites or Meringue powder
4 tablespoons warm distilled water
1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon SLS Foaming Agent (optional)
4-6 drops of fragrance
4-6 drops of color
Disposable frosting bag and your tip of choice
1. Mix dry egg whites, water SLS (if applicable) in a glass bowl, then add remaining ingredients (except for fragrance). If the mixture is too stiff, add a little more warm water. Mix on high for 7 minutes or until peaks form, and then blend in fragrance.
2. Spoon mixture into disposable frosting bag, then frost bath bombs however you like. Let dry overnight.
While cupcake bath bombs look delicious enough to eat, make sure to let everyone know they are NOT edible. Whip up a batch for your own bath enjoyment, or share as a thoughtful pampering gift for the new mom in your life. Enjoy indulging yourself and everyone on your gift list with this sweet craft.
Project and Photo Credits: Anita’s Sweet Treats Crafts