Want to add a touch of glam” to flip flops, hairbows, sun hats, lampshades, or just about anything else you can think up? Look no further than these easy to make tulle flowers. With so many beautiful colors to choose from, you’ll be tempted to transform your wardrobe and home into a tulle flower garden.
Things to do:
1. Cut tulle into 3″ x 3″ squares; you’ll need approximately 20 squares to make a nice, fluffy flower.
2. Working with one square at a time, fold the tulle square into fourths and use scissors to round out the edges in the shape of a petal. Repeat to finish all 20 squares.
3. Stack two tulle petals together, leaving them folded in fourths. Use the needle and thread to join the two petals together at their bottom tips. Continue joining petals in stacks of two.
4. Sew the petal bundles together at their tips, rounding out the shape as you go to form a nice, full flower.
5. Use a dab of glue to affix the flower to whatever you’re adorning.
Tulle flowers are terrific for sprucing up summer clothes and accessories, and are ideal for adding a splash of color to your home decor. Whip up a bundle for yourself, or use them to decorate gift items for family and friends. Here are a few fun gift ideas:
- Decorate flip flops with tulle flowers in your wedding colors, and present them to your bridesmaids to wear to your casual rehearsal dinner
- Design matching hair accessories or sun hats for your upcoming all girl weekend get away”
- Make an extra-large (5″ or 6″ square) tulle flower hair accessory using bright apple green and yellow tulle for your friend who’s always losing sight of her little one at the playground
Enjoy creating these versatile, beautiful tulle flowers!